What Is E-Waste?
Electronic waste, or e-waste, is a term for electronic products that have become unwanted, non-working or obsolete, and have essentially reached the end of their useful life. Because technology advances at such a high rate, many electronic devices become "trash" after a few short years of use. In fact, whole categories of old electronic items contribute to e-waste such as VCRs being replaced by DVD players, and DVD players being replaced by Blu-ray players. E-waste is created from anything electronic: computers, TVs, monitors, cell phones, PDAs, VCRs, CD players, fax machines, printers, etc.
E- Waste (Management & Handling) Rules, 2011 were notified in 2011 and had come into
force since 1st May, 2012. In order to ensure effective implementation of E-Waste Rules and
to clearly delineated the role of producers in EPR, MoEF & CC, Government of India in
supersession of E-Waste (Management and Handling) Rules, 2011 has notified the E-Waste
(Management) Rules, 2016 vide G.S.R. 338(E) dated 23.03.2016 which will be effective from
01-10-2016. These rules are applicable to every producer, consumer or bulk consumer,
collection centre, dismantler and recycler of e-waste involved in the manufacture, sale,
purchase and processing of electrical and electronic equipment.
Brief on general scheme of collection:
We have partnered with Exigo Recycling Pvt. Ltd. registered with Haryana State Pollution Control Board for recycling of all our e-waste.
- As a part of agreement, Exigo Recycling Pvt. Ltd. will collect all our E-waste generated from PAN India and disposes the same at their plant at 72 K.M. Stone, Near Maruti Showroom, G.T.Road, Samalkha-132 101, Dist. Panipat, Haryana.
- Exigo Recycling is our e-waste management partner is having all authorization related e-waste recycling from HPCB/CPCB and having all connects related to Air/Water/Hazardous waste. They have capacity of 6000 MT per annum.
- Keeping in view our sales volume and generation of e-waste as per our future e-waste targets and our expansion plan we have decided to follow these mechanisms in our organization for collection of e-waste.
- As per our agreement with Exigo Recycling if any customer wants to handover their old product they can reach or call our Exigo recycling partner's Toll Free No 1800 1025 018. Our representatives explain them about process of disposal and make them aware about nearest drop point available to drop the e-waste also give information about incentive we will offer to them against their end of life product. If any customer wants to handover the material from their door steps we do send either our logistics team or Exigo team to collect the items and channelize the same to our e-waste partner plant for final processing.
- Exigo Recycling Pvt. Ltd. has signed an agreement with Om Logistics Ltd. for reverse logistics.
Benefit of recycling of E-waste:
- E-waste contains many valuable, recoverable materials such as aluminum, copper, gold, silver, plastics, and ferrous metals. In order to conserve natural resources and the energy needed to produce new electronic equipment from virgin resources, electronic equipment can be refurbished, reused, and recycled instead of being land filled.
- E-waste also contains toxic and hazardous materials including mercury, lead, cadmium, beryllium, chromium, and chemical flame retardants, which have the potential to leach into our soil and water.
- Protects your surroundings- Safe recycling of outdated electronics promotes sound management of toxic chemicals such as lead and mercury.
- Conserves natural resources- Recycling recovers valuable materials from old electronics that can be used to make new products. As a result, we save energy, reduce pollution, reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and save resources by extracting fewer raw materials from the earth.
- Helps others - Donating your used electronics benefits your community by passing on ready-to-use or refurbished equipment to those who need it.
- Saves landfill space - E-waste is a growing waste stream. By recycling these items, landfill space is conserved.
Recycling of E-waste:
The company has tied -up with the Exigo Recycling Pvt. Ltd. for collection of all our E-waste on PAN India and disposes the same at their plant at 72 K.M. Stone, Near Maruti Sgowroom, G.T.Road, Samalkha-132 101, Dist. Panipat, Haryana. Customer can reach or call on Toll Free No 1800 1025 018.
Have Solve the E-waste Problem
Solving the e-waste problem starts with education, and habit changes as a result of knowledge. Most people are trained to recycle a newspaper, bottles, and cans. Almost anything electronic in nature can be recycled properly with effort. Some municipalities have transfer stations that accept e-waste, and of course, Electronix Redux accepts e-waste for recycling. It is important that any e-waste processor is fully certified in safe destruction and follow certified documented procedures to safely dispose of electronic waste. Ask questions before you recycle! Some unscrupulous recyclers ship e-waste overseas where it is disposed of improperly, posing a threat to the environment and its' people.
Do's & Dont's
- Always look for information on the catalogue with your product for end-of-life equipment handling.
- Ensure that only Authorized Recyclers repair and handle your electronic products.
- Always call our E-waste Authorized Collection Centres/points to Dispose products that have reached end-of life.
- Always drop your used electronic products, batteries or any accessories when they reach the end of their life at your nearest Authorized E-Waste Collection Centres/Points.
- Always disconnect the battery from product, and ensure any glass surface is protected against breakage.
- Do not dismantle your electronic Products on your own
- Do not throw electronics in bins having "Do not Dispose" sign.
- Do not give e-waste to informal (Kabbadi) and unorganized sectors like Local Scrap Dealer/ Rag Pickers.
- Do not dispose your product in garbage bins along with municipal waste that ultimately reaches landfills.